Monday, May 22, 2006

Memphis in May Triathlon

So I'm not real happy with my swim at this race. I was a minute slower than Chris. I think I was partially slowed by constantly having to sight other swimmers with the TT format. Other than that, I'm not sure what happened. The bike was just outstanding. I got my HR down and stuck to the plan keeping it near 165 and even a little below late in the ride. The run started out okay, but I never got rolling. A couple of possibilities. Maybe still a few beats too hard on the bike. I don't think I did a good job of staying cool on the run, although I'm definitely handling the heat better this year. I also may have started out a little too fast (over 170). I want another chance to bike a little easier and see if I can get that run split near my open time. That is the new goal. Run close to my open times!!! I'm going to bike as easy as it takes to make that happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home